In addition, RAMP fees ($1.50/registrant/season), which were to be added back to participants fees in 2022, will continue to be paid by SSA for Outdoor 2022, and Indoor 2022-23.
SSA is proud that we have been able to maintain fees at the present level since 2014 for Indoor and 2012 for outdoor.
Nominations to the SSA Board
- A Message from the Acting Chair of Nominations, Kelly Rawlings
I am writing on behalf of the Board of Directors of Saskatchewan Soccer Association (SSA) to request that the information below concerning nominations to the SSA Board be circulated widely within your organization. The Nominations Committee invites nominations for six available positions in 2022.
SSA is dedicated to developing the sport of soccer for all, through innovative policies and quality programs. Our primary objectives are to promote participation, enhance development, provide service at all levels, and to govern the sport of soccer in the province of Saskatchewan.
SSA is governed by a Board of Directors, consisting of a maximum of up to 12 Directors. Our Annual General Meeting
, which will be held on March 19, 2022. SSA has a governance Board which delegates the day-to-day operations, including soccer programming, to SSA management and staff. The Board's primary functions are governing the SSA, approval of SSA Member Organizations, policy development, strategic planning, financial oversight, risk identification and management, selection and evaluation of the Executive Director.
AN OPEN AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The SSA Board of Directors has developed a process to recruit Board candidates that is open and transparent. The process works as follows:
1) A Nomination Form (Fillable PDF
) is completed by the Nominator. (Please note: Download a version of the Fillable PDF document onto your own desktop, prior to filling out the form)
2) Nominees will complete a Director-Candidate Information (Fillable PDF
) form which confirms their acceptance of the nomination and details their background, education and experience to support their Nomination. (Please note: Download a version of the Fillable PDF document onto your own desktop, prior to filling out the form)
PLEASE NOTE: Both documents must be received by the Chair of the SSA Nominations Committee by the DEADLINE: December 15, 2021.
3) Candidates that complete all requirements by the deadline will be sent the Introduction to the SSA and other supporting documents which outlines information about the SSA, its mission, strategic priorities and the responsibilities and expectations of Directors of the SSA.
4) A meeting with Director-Candidates will be held by January 15, 2022.This meeting will be a chance for the Candidate to develop a clear understanding about the nature and extent of the commitment that is required of an SSA Director and to ask any questions they may have. Each candidate needs to confirm that their first responsibility in soccer is to the SSA Board of Directors, with all other forms of soccer participation being secondary. As per SSA and CSA bylaws: To ensure that there is no conflict of loyalty:
• No director of the Association shall hold simultaneously a position of director of an SSA Regular or Associate Member;
• No contracted service provider or employee of the SSA or its Member Organizations may serve as a Director of the Association.
5) Pending the completion of these meetings the Board considers all Nominations and based on specific skill competencies it requires recommends the slate of candidates for presentation to the Annual General Meeting.
A DIVERSE BOARD
The SSA is committed to having a Board comprised of talented and dedicated directors with a diverse mix of experience, expertise, skills, and backgrounds that reflects the diverse nature of the environment in which SSA operates. An inclusive and equitable Board welcomes people from all walks of life, of all abilities, professional expertise, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, indigenous status, age, and home address.
After having studied the composition of the current Board, our Nominations Committee has determined the Board is both diverse and skilled, but as a priority seeks to recruit individuals with a legal background, either as a sitting Board Member or in an advisory capacity, and individuals with strong ties to the business/corporate community.
• Other areas of focus include: Non-profit governance
• Communications, Public relations, Marketing
• Connections to new networks or the corporate and business community
• Business, Accounting, Policy Development
• Strategic Planning
All individuals with a desire and expertise to make a contribution to the growth of the Association are welcome. The primary criterion is a genuine interest and commitment to contributing to the governance of the game for the betterment of the Association on a provincial level. Six Board positions are up for election, the Board fully supports competition for each position. We invite candidates who will contribute to put their name forward.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please do not hesitate to contact me via email Kelly.email@example.com
The Annual General Meeting will be held March 19, 2022. In preparation, the SSA Board annually hosts a bylaw consultation to consider potential amendments. Should your organization wish to submit any amendments, please provide a completed Bylaw Amendment form,
with rationale, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Oct. 29, 2021.
Amendments have been proposed by the SSA Board of Directors and are available for review at this time. Proposed Amendments
Once received all amendments will be circulated to voting members for their consideration. SSA will then host a meeting as part of our November Member Sessions (online - date & details TBD). This process provides an opportunity for all members to participate in open debate prior to the final deadline. Our goal is to work collaboratively and come to consensus so that we are prepared for the Annual General Meeting. In order to meet the requirements of the Non-Profit Act 1995 final amendments must be received by Dec. 15, 2021 to be considered at the AGM
The following Sections of SSA Policy
have various articles that have been amended (as identified by 9 21), to. Here is a brief summary of the changes:
|Section One - minor amendments related to Strategic Planning. |
|Section Two - Member Rights & Responsibilities - amendments to articles related to Membership in the SSA confirming the Boards commitment to removing barriers to participation and clarifying expectations for Members, as well as other minor amendments. |
|Section Three - Code of Conduct - new articles added re social media and other minor amendments. |
|Section Four - Formal Complaints - clarification that complaints must meet set standards prior to assignment of a case manager. |
|Section Five - Discipline - amendments related to and amendments to Minimum sanctions related to Code of Conduct & Ethics violations. |
|Section 13 - Risk Management - amendments to various articles and addition/clarification in various sections that separate Guidelines from Policies. |
Please review the various amendments in detail to ensure you remain current.